BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 31, 2009

Loved Ones.

I was debating rather or not I should post this but I decided to. Recently one of my friend's brother committed suicide. He was only 16 or 17 years old. He wasn't in the best conditions. He was doing drugs and hanging with the wrong people. I just can't imagine loosing my brother like that. And my heart goes out to my friend Darian. I will always be there for there family. I may not know how it is to loose a brother but I know how it is to loose someone very close to you. I lost the closest person to me which was my grandfather. I grew up with him everywhere he would go I would go. I'm from the south so as a child we use to have overalls going out in the field barefooted playing while my grandfather use to work out back. I still miss him. At school we had to write a poem one time so I wrote one about him. It's not as good as the poems I read in blogs but it still has a lot of meaning to it. So here it goes it's called the one I love.

The bed is to the left
I'm to the right
When you look in
the room everything
is in site.
The lights are dim
but yes so bright.
I hear tears and everybody
is in fright.
The question is why, why me?
What happened?
Could it be?
The answer is yes.
My feelings are hurt.
My granddaddy is gone-left
In the dirt.
I will miss you forever
and you know it's true
And for right now I
gotta make it through.
Granddaddy, I just want
you to know that...
"I LOVE YOU"

This poem describes the night that I found out that he was dead. He had been sick and the doctors expected him to die soon so they put him in an hospital that's meant for people who only have a life span of at least 2weeks. But he made it through. So we decided to go down to my hometown and visit him since he made it past 2 weeks. But when we got there everybody was crying. And then and there I knew in my heart what happened but I didn't want to believe it. They told us that he had died 15 minutes before we arrived. And I knew we could of made it if we didn't make a stop. I could of saw my granddaddy alive one more time if we hadn't stopped right quick. So I went to the back room and there he was on the bed dead. It was the worse thing I ever saw. He was so little since he was sick. That scene still burns in my head till this day even though it was 2 years ago now. He is the best thing that ever happend to me. I love him with all my heart.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

thats real deep I love your poem. I havnt lost anybody thats close to me yet so I dont know how much pain you go threw but i can imagine alot.

Gambitt said...

your poem is ill and from the heart. Its written as if it was spoken if that makes sence.
And I'm sorry for your loses.
In cases like these pain can be fuel for creativity...but that doesn't mean the pain is welcome nore should it be.

Oh and to clear up any confusion, I'm the one that makes the beat....Justin(jaealzjournal.blogspot.com) is the one that flows :)

Be safe miss and consider writting poetry on the regular. Its a talent and not everyone can do it as well as you just provided.